WCSA Bulletin Board Forum Index WCSA Bulletin Board
World Class Soaring Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Jump to.....WCSA website 

Marfa World Class Contest June 19-29, 2006 - Register!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WCSA Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Upcoming Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burt Compton

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Marfa World Class Contest June 19-29, 2006 - Register! Reply with quote

(Does anybody read this bulletin board? - I haven't heard much from you PW-5 folks!)

Please register for the 2006 PW-5 Contest via the SSA website. We are only 75 days away and I need to consider our logistics, towplanes, social events, budget, etc. to make the contest run smoothly.

Bill Snead, John Byrd and Tom McKnight have been practicing at Marfa. You can leave your sailplane here and commute via airline through El Paso(ELP) or Midland (MAF), TX.

The World Class (PW-5) US Nationals will be June 19 - 29, but we fly year-round at Marfa. Bring your crew and start soaring now over the Marfa plateau and the Davis Mountains. See the El Paso sectional or WAC CH-23 for flight planning. Bill Snead has placed some of his flights on the OLC.

You'll need oxygen as Marfa Airport (MRF) is at 5,000' msl. We use the Aerox brand. Email me for our "Pre-Marfa Projects" file for a list of items you should accomplish before hitting the road to southwest Texas.

We strongly recommend you bring a chase-crew. ELT's mandatory if no dedicated / assigned crew. Veteran Marfa pilots John Byrd and Bill Snead always have a crew (Ann & Nancy) ready to roll.

Registration for the 2006 World Class Contest is via the SSA website www.ssa.org (We need more registrations!) Please contact me if you need more info or an accommodations list. Two movies are in production near Marfa so the motels are filling up here, but Fort Davis (just 18 miles north) offers more motel & restaurant options. RV Camping (hardside only / no tents) is available on the Marfa (MRF) airport. Let me know how I can assist you!

There is more Marfa info on our website under the PW-5 button at www.flygliders.com

Again, please communicate with us so we can plan a good contest for you!
email: marfagliders@aol.com

Burt & Kathie Compton
Marfa Gliders, west Texas
www.flygliders.com
cellphone: 800-667-9464 (mornings are best)
800-667-9464 / 432-729-4292
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WCSA Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Upcoming Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: