WCSA Bulletin Board Forum Index WCSA Bulletin Board
World Class Soaring Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Jump to.....WCSA website 

OLC Posting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean-Claude

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: OLC Posting Reply with quote

Finally! We have some flights posted under the OLC club, the PW-5 team. Richard Kaleta out of Wurtsboro-Sullivan posted a great flight of 259.93 km, and I was able to post 2 fights on the weekend. Nothing great here on the “wet coast”, cloud bases where low at the beginning of the flight, lifting towards the late afternoon, but finally some flying!
As far as posting fights on the OLC, it’s easy. I did one flight via the See You program, the other directly. I actually find it easier to post a flight directly on the OLC site. In fact, it’s the preferred way of submitting a flight. If you don’t have to most up-to-date flight software, posting a flight might pose a challenge. Going to the OLC web site and upload your file is a snap.
So if you have a flight from the weekend, hurry post it, you have until tomorrow night to do it. If you have a problem, don’t hesitate to contact me.
At the present time, our team is in 79th position, out of 119 clubs in the US. I have no doubt; the US Nationals will create a bunch of kilometers and points that will catapult us in to the top 10.
Fly save, fly far and post your flights!

JC
pinf

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are like me and use a Cambridge GPS box with a non-Cambridge software on your PDA (I use GN-2), and download your flights unto either your PDA or a card in your PDA, you probably have been able to upload your flights into the OLC website, but OLC won't validate them. I believe that the reason is that there is some snaffu about requiring the Cambridge utility on your PDA to make the .igc file valid, even thought the security is confirmed as OK when downloading the flight onto the card or PDA. If anyone has a fix, let us know.
Happy flights.
François
Jean-Claude

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Cambridge and OLC Reply with quote

I found the following posting by Cambridge on the OLC site:

Validation of Cambridge Files (series 300)
As far as validation at the OLC goes there are several scenarios that can lead to failure. Your best insurance is adhere to the following procedure.
1) Only download your flights using Cambridge’s latest utility software. This software is on our website (http://www.cambridge-aero.com/) and depending on the age of your unit you might very well already have the latest software.
2) At the end of the download a message will appear that shows the security status of the flight file. A passing flight will display the following:
+ Log Data Integrity OK
+ Signature Data Security OK
+ Security OK
If it fails any of these tests then you need to contact Cambridge so we can determine why. The first step is to e-mail us the flight.
MAKE SURE THIS FLIGHT FILE WAS DOWNLOADED USING OUR SOFTWARE AND NOT SECOND PARTY SOFTWARE!!!

I am using the Cambridge software to down load the file from the black box to the PDA, then I go to the OLC site and directly upload the file to the OLC. I have been using SeeYou to upload flights to the OLC, but with mixed results. I have found the most reliable way to upload a flight is directly to the OLC site.

I hope this helps, any questions, don't hesitate to contact me at any time.

Rock n' Roll,
JC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WCSA Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: