WCSA Bulletin Board Forum Index WCSA Bulletin Board
World Class Soaring Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Jump to.....WCSA website 

Avionic Trailer Alert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WCSA Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john downing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Avionic Trailer Alert Reply with quote

When in Nevada a few months ago a friend noticed one of the mounts for the bracket holding the horizontal stabilizer had been pulled away from the trailer top. It was so loose that I was concerned the bracket might actually pull free and allow the stab. to drop onto the fusilage.

I would suggest owners of Avionic trailers be alert for this problem. Perhaps it was only a problem with my trailer which is five years old and has many, many miles on it. But you would not want to discover it the hard way!

A simple metal bracket, bolted through the top of the trailer and reinforcing the mount has solved the problem.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WCSA Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Maintenance All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: