WCSA Bulletin Board Forum Index WCSA Bulletin Board
World Class Soaring Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Jump to.....WCSA website 

Bermuda High

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WCSA Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Soaring Sites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Bermuda High Reply with quote

Everybody has their favourite places to fly, but after this season I have a new one right up at the top of my list!

Bermuda High will not provide the very strongest soaring weather available in the United States, but the weather I have experienced there is not only good soaring, but very pleasant as well. As with most places, you can get stretches of poor weather, but the good weather is very good indeed.

The surrounding country is quite pretty, with rolling, wooded terrain. In some places the land-out fields can be quite a distance apart, but most areas offer a good selection of excellent landing spots. Even with a PW-5, there were not many areas I didn't feel I could cross with as little as 2000 ft.

The field and equipment are top notch, with well maintained Pawnee's for tows, and plenty of beautiful grass runway for departures or landings. The clubhouse and picnic areas are homey and comfortable, so even if you are not flying, the field is a pleasant place to be. The most difficult part of the whole proposition is finding the airport - both from the air and from the ground it can be quit challenging to navigate to Bermuda High, so pay attention! And did I mention that they have lots of PW-5's at the field?

The best part of the whole operation though, is the people. Frank, Jayne, and their whole crew do a great job of maintaining the ballance between having fun and operating safely. Everything is done in a competent, professional way, but if you do not feel welcome at Bermuda High, you aren't paying attention!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WCSA Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Soaring Sites All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: